Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
macflight

Siemens & Micro via Modbus/TCP

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I want to read an area of memory on a TSX micro with Modbus/TCP. The Architecture of the installation is : S7-300 with CP 343-1 Lean <-> Ethernet <-> ETX 410 <-> Tsx micro If someone has already done something like that, an help would be welcome. Visio_ARCHITECTURE.pdf

Hello macflight Siemens have a library for Modbus TCP: http://www.industry.siemens.com/broschuere...us_neu_e_V2.pdf According to the brochure it should also work with a CP343-1 LEAN. But I dont think the library is cheap. Edited by JesperMP

Hello, This afternoon, i found the way to do it for free. I have download a vb example that read or write in a TSX Micro via TCP. I looked to the data that are send and I did the same thing with the S7-300 via FC 'AG_SEND' and 'AG_RECV'. After some adjustement, it works. It is not very flexible but it works for my application and I haven't the time to do best. The website where I download the VB example is : www.modbus.pl Regards. mbustcptest.zip Test_modbus_TCP.zip

Hi again macflight. That sounds interesting. Can I use your code as an example if someone else asks about Modbus TCP with an S7 ?