Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cdobis

AB 1794-IE8

8 posts in this topic

I have a rack of four modules on a Devicenet adapter, Flex IO 1794-ADN. 2-120v inputs 16 chnl, 1-120v output 16 chnl, 1-analog input 8 chnl. How do I set ranges and configure that analog input module without a PLC hooked up? I am using Labview to communicate with an NI devicenet card. Thanks, Craig Edited by cdobis

You may get an answer here, but in the meantime you might do well to find a Labview forum and post your query there.

NI has any devicenet configurator? should import eds file for all modules into the configurator then the parameters can be set.

hi everyone i'm maurice,i'm new here. i work in a Clay Block making plant in Trinidad & Tobago. i'm working on a FoxBoro Panel to control the Kiln and it use the AD 1794 modules and i have alot of problems with them, like bad readings and signals. any addvice?

Hi Maurice, Tell us more about your setup. Are you setting temperatures, reading temperatures, turning relays on and off, what modules are you using, and are you using DeviceNet for communications, etc? Craig

Maurice: How do Allen-Bradley (A-B, not AD) 1794 series FLEX I/O modules connect to a Foxboro control system ? You're going to have to provide a lot more data before anyone can help you on this. Craig: FLEX is configured with a specialty applet using RSNetworx for DeviceNet software when you use it with A-B controllers. If you aren't using RSNetworx, you will have to get out the reference manuals for the FLEX modules you are using so you can use National Instruments' software to send the proper messages to the configuration objects. Separate out these issues into separate threads if you can.

it has 2 FoxBoro Micro-IA units, each have 3 racks with AB 1794-ASB's on it, then its got 1794-IT8 for temperature (TC), 1794-OW8 Relay output, 1794-OE4 Analog output, 1794-IA8 120VAC input, 1794-IE8 Analog input, 1794-PS! 24VDC output, all will mgo back to the Micro-IA units then to the computer(running Windows NT v4.0 sp3) via network card. right now my main problem is some of the temperature readings are not accurate, the TC's are about 60' to 100' feet away.

Thanks, Ken! That's what I was looking for. That made it pretty easy to setup. Craig