Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PdL

Citect: How to use multiple AssVarTags function in object command line

5 posts in this topic

From PM this friday by Rodrigo300879 Hi Rodirgio, You can overcome the maximum of 256 characters limitation in the command line by writing your code in a Cicode function, and calling the Super Genie there. You then just call the function in the object command line (where you call the AssVarTags functions now) and include the strings to be passed on the the AssVarTags functions in the Cicode. I will post a sample code tomorrow.

Rodrigo, Attached find a sample project with a Genie which passes on 30 variable tags to a Super Genie, by calling a function declared in Cicode which associates 30 strings with variable tags and passes these tags on to a Super Genie. The function MyFunction is declared in Cicode file AssVarTags.ci which is included in the project directory. In runtime, go to Pages > Testpage. You might want to look in to using Structured tags when using this much variable tags in Super genies. For instance when all tags refer to Pump1, you only have to fill in "1" when placing the Genie object on a page, and have the AssVarTags function compose all tag names like Overload_Pump1, Run_Pump1, Speed_Pump1, Flow_rate_Pump1. See attached article. Structured_tags.pdf TestGenie.zip

Thank you very much. You solved the problem to me. Previously I had made a function, but I did not do it well. I thank for the time and the disposition to you in helping me. We are in contact. You do not doubt in requesting my aid that you I will give it within which it can. Until soon and that your life is it prospers.

Glad to be of help, come back anytime!

On 9/10/2007 at 3:35 AM, PdL said:

Rodrigo, Attached find a sample project with a Genie which passes on 30 variable tags to a Super Genie, by calling a function declared in Cicode which associates 30 strings with variable tags and passes these tags on to a Super Genie. The function MyFunction is declared in Cicode file AssVarTags.ci which is included in the project directory. In runtime, go to Pages > Testpage. You might want to look in to using Structured tags when using this much variable tags in Super genies. For instance when all tags refer to Pump1, you only have to fill in "1" when placing the Genie object on a page, and have the AssVarTags function compose all tag names like Overload_Pump1, Run_Pump1, Speed_Pump1, Flow_rate_Pump1. See attached article. Structured_tags.pdf TestGenie.zip

Hello, Do yo mind sharing both of the files i.e.  Structured_tags.pdf  and TestGenie.zip, please? I appreciate your help. Thanks