Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IamJon

profibus connected to controllogix help

8 posts in this topic

i am running an SST profibus scanner with a ControlLogix PLC. I have so many questions that i dont think i could discuss them all here. my i/o, automatically setup by the scanner, looks like this Local1:c Local1:i Local1:o Local1:s i changed the i/o from reading/writing Ints to reading/writing Dints (data[1] as int is now data[0], bits 16-32 as dint). do i also need to change the status also? the PB scanner setup looks like this in rslogix 5000: assembly instance input 1 125 ouput 2 124 config 3 0 statusin 5 125 statusout 6 also, i am doing what is called 'paging' for my data. the sst scanner has 125 dwords in and 124 out. my program copies the data from the scanner to the appropriate page of data in a dint[500] array. my data coming in is being copied to every page until it is overwritten by a new device on the same page offset. ex, a device on the 3rd dword of page 1 will get written to the 3rd dword of pages 2-4 if there is no device on that page. and any tips on profibus to clx would be appreciated. thanks. Edited by IamJon

This probably should have been placed in the AB forum, not the Siemens one.

Yes, it is better to ask this in the AB forum. And, you dont write if the S7 is master and the CLX is slave, or vice-versa. It looks as the CLX is slave, but it is better to state it. And, you dont state the exact order # of the SST module.

He's tried there with no response, also on Eng-Tips (that board is dead as a dodo). Maybe he should try PLCTalk.net, probably get someone to respond there.

the SST is the master device. is s7 a siemens processor? i'm not using that at all, just the CLX. i have in the rack as CLX, SST, ENBT/A. i have everything communicating, and i know this because i can read in data, but i haven't proven i can write out, and i'm not sure if the read is even working correctly since data isn't clearing from the i/o after each page.

IamJon, The point being made is this is the Siemens forum, there maybe some people who work with Siemens and ControLogix, I am myself working on ControlLogix now. Unfortunately, I have used Profibus with Siemens but never with ControlLogix. As no-one on the Allan Bradley forum has responded, maybe you should try the forum http://www.plctalk.net, which is usually a bit more busy and a lot of mixed experience. If one forum cannot help, it does not hurt trying another.

I thought that the reason you posted in the Siemens section was that you wanted to exchange data between AB CLX and Siemens S7 via Profibus.

I responded in the AB section a few days ago, but Jon seems to be 'gon'