Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest bryant

using A/D converter

5 posts in this topic

I am currently in the process of trying to program a KV-16AR. The plc is connected to the KL-N10V and KL-4AD. The KL-4AD has a linear transducer hooked to it that sends a constant voltage signal. The voltage of the transducer varies depending on the throw of the transducer. My question is how can I use this information to turn on a valve. I know that this information is sent to DM1600 in the plc, but how does this information appear in this data memory segment. I want to use the CMP function to control the valve, but I do not know how to set it up correctly. Thanks for the help.

Hello. Does not a linear data appear on a DM1600? If not an appear, then please check DM1802,DM1803 and 2700 to 2705. But I have not used this. Sorry my English is poor. HIRO

Looking at the memory locations u are talking about and the funcitons u want to use this sounds like an Omron PLC. What Model PLC is it ??? C200H, CQM etc....... Typically the RAW analogue signal will come in on an IO channel address. This value would be between 0 to 4000 typically. The DM1600 value would be a scaled valued I assume.

Hello. Sleepy Wombat That is a 'KEYENCE' PLC not 'OMRON'.Model 'KV-16'. Refer this page http://www.keyence.com/products/plc.html?TLs2=SE17 Some device name and memory name sounds like an Omron PLC. I use a Keyence PLC sometimes for small machine. It is easy to use it. How about it you also? Hiro

Sorry, my mistake..... No, i have never used an Keyence PLC, But hey i'm surprised in the similarity in the terminology to Omron. I mainly use Omron, AB, Mitsubishi and Telemechique. Have used LG and Toshiba also and a little bit of siemens. Preference is for Omron though.