Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
varun

Medoc Software

6 posts in this topic

Dear All I am a new in the medoc software, so would like to know whether we can force fully on the input in the software. If any one have Medoc sofrware tutorial pls send me in the link. Please help me all Regard AV

With version of medoc you have. DOS, 1.64 or 2.30

MEDOC is obsolete. You should consider GX Developer. And forcing does not override the actual intputs in Mitsubishi PLCs. The PLC inputs take priority, so you can only force on for one scan of the PLC program. Then when the PLC reads it's inputs at the start of the next scan, your force is erased and the actual input state is read.

Crossbow is right you should consider GX Developer or GX IEC Developer. But in the mean time: .. MEDOC_Start_up_Guide__2001_.pdf

Just a little clarification about Forcing in Mitsi PLCs........ Its a while now since I've had to use Forcing but I think that the following is correct. With Medoc (and non-Q series PLCs using GX) inputs can be forced but may be overwritten such that if the input hardware is off you can force the channel on or off but if the input hardware is on the channel cannot be forced permanently off. With outputs if the channel can be forced on or off if it is not in the ladder but the program will override at the end of scan as has already been stated if it is in the ladder. Usual way round this is to use an M coil to directly drive the output and force that The same is true with GX and Q processors unless you use the Online - Debug - Forced input output registration option. With this the inputs and outputs can be properly forced irrespective of the program. As mentioned, I believe this is correct but dont have the hardware with me to be sure. Comments appreciated!

There are no forces in Mitsubishi, but only manual change of bit state or word value. On running PLC they are still subject to the program execution and may be overwritten at any time, including the same scan. On another hand, Mitsubishi allows this for outputs on stopped PLC which becomes equivalent of force. Answering the main question: being in ladder screen and connected to PLC, press F8 to enter the monitor mode. In the monitor mode press F7. In small popup window enter the device address or name and confirm it by the Enter key. The window will indicate numeric value for word or bit status (when the bit is on, small green box is being indicated). For numeric values press F2 to toggle between 16-bit and 32-bit value (the 32-bit is displayed on green background). Change the bit status by pressing the Space key or enter manually new value for the word. Concerning upgrade to GX-Developer: no need for FX series unless using FX3U. Medoc is absolutely enough, save your money. Edited by Sergei Troizky