Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wiseco

Injection molding machine prog?

4 posts in this topic

Hi, l'm working on a project and its involve an old injection machine. I don't have any schematics or manuals and the machine is unoperable so the best would be to rewired the machine with a PLC. I got a DL205 260 in hand. Here is the configuration of it. 1x 32 inputs 24vdc D2-32ND3 2x 16 outputs 12-24vdc D2-16TD2 As I didn't touch a Koyo PLC yet, I will have to learn memory register and stuff and it will take me too much times for what I have. I would like to know if someone have ever make a simple program for an injection molding machine. If yes, I would really appreciated if I can have a copy of it. It would save me and my project and I would pay for it! I usually worked with GE fanuc PLC and I bought this first AD PLC and setup for another future project. So with a copy, I would work on it and customize the prog just for my test so I could see if the part work. I got a 12" HMI too with this PLC. Contact me on my email wiseco@gmail.com I hope to find someone good enough to do help me on this!

What brand injection Molding Machine? The complexity of a mold machine varies greatly. So unless it is a realy old machine with simple controls you may be in for a really difficult time. Suggestions on things you would need to understand to accomplish What kind of position feedback will you be using. This ranges from limit switches to temposonic rods. What kind of vavles will you be running? Are they proportional? What is the control..4 to 20 mA 0-10 volts..etc What kind of presure feedback will you be using? Transducers, pressure switchs.. How will you control your heats...Individual controlers... or thru the PLC How will you make process adjustments...What type of interface, bank of switchs and pots, HMI.. Like I said, I do not know what kind of machine you have or what ventage, but before you gut the thing you will probably want the above issues resolved. Once you have that worked out you will know exactly what you need and what it will take to rebuild your machine.

It's an old Metalmeccanica machine, don't have the manuf. year. It's a simple one, with limit switches and 2/3 pos valves. I have finished the prog last night so it will be ok for my request. Now it's time to put this PLC at work! As I don't have the hydraulic schematic, I will have to find which valve does what. It have 15 valves 24vdc on it. It have a pressure booster too. By now, I saw that playing with AD stuff seems easy. But as I was used to work with GE Fanuc stuff, Proficy Machine Edition seems alot better than Directsoft software. But hey, the price isn't the same too! Maybe you could help me Clay. As I'm a newbie on PLC work (working with PLC on my own project and company) I would like to have someone to look at my ladder to check if safety isues are ok. I mean the "start cycle and stop cycle" thing. If you're interested to review my ladder, it would be great. Let me know. Thanks! Phil

Will be happy to look at it. As far as Safety goes, your PLC should do little, other than checking interlocks to start the pump. Most systems I have worked on stop the pump and engage some type of lockout valve when ever a safety is activated, and this is done thru redundant relays. The most critical motion to stop is the clamp. It is also where you generate your greatest pressure. When you say booster, do you mean accumlator? What we call accumlator stores hydrolic oil and dumps it to speed up a certain process during a cycle. The accumlator is recharged in another part of the cycle when volume demand is low. Just attach your latest program in your next post and I will look at it.