Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slcman

Transfert license

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, my problem is simple: I lost my activation disk, but my license is in my hard disk. So I lost a empty licence disk. But now I what to transfert my licence to my brand new laptop. I tried to do it with a normal 1.44disk but automation licence manager prompt a error message. My question: can I use normal 1.44 m disk for transfert my licence? I didn't any option in automation licence manager for create a disk for transfert licence. Thanks

What you can do: 1. Transfer of license key to/from a network drive (I've never tried but it should be possible) 2. Borrow a license disk from someone else 3. Connect HDD from the old laptop to the new one and transfer licence 4. Call Siemens support

Hello slcman. If the license is a socalled "floating" license, then you can transfer it to any "removable media" except a standard floppy disk. So a USB stick will work. If the license is a socalled "single" license, then you can transfer it to a removable harddrive. A USB hard drive will work. A USB stick will not work.

Using the network transfer. Be sure the PC are in the same workgroup, then it is no problem to move the license key.