Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Blast

A Qns on CX-Programmer and VB..

8 posts in this topic

Hi all, i am doing a school project on colour sensor. And i am hoping to reflect the number of red, blue black objects detected by the sensor. I am using OMRON PLC(CPM1A) and wanna transfer the data of the number of red, blue and black objects detected to VB or C++, meaning i wanna make a program so that when i press 1, i can see the number of red or 2 for blue. How can i do it? Wat do i need?

Guest_Blast: Please register at MrPLC.com and join the MRPLC.com community Register at MrPLC.com Here is everything you need to get started on a Hostlink program to the read the data. Source code is included. Sysway Hostlink Demo at MrPLC.com Download Code

thanx.. is that wat i need to get the data from the PLC using RS232 cable?

Guest_Blast: Please register at MrPLC.com and join the MRPLC.com community Register at MrPLC.com It has the foundation for building your own personal application. Also, please keep this dialogue on the forum, so that others may benefit.

Thanks for the download link and code Jay............

sorry.. i am very lousy in that.. so i got confused when i see that..

btw.. is it possible to use c++ to get the data from plc? how to i make it get the data?

Blast: You have been given more than enough code to complete your school project. As on other forums, we will not do your homework. Take the code. Work with it awhile. Try to understand the errors you are getting and then ask specific questions regarding those errors. You have to post a liitle code to get decent feedback.