Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fred-974

CX-SUPERVISOR with Allen_Bradley

5 posts in this topic

I have an HMI to do with Omron and Allen-Bradley plc. I would like to use CX-Supervisor, but I'm not able to get data from AB. I have RS Linx installed and I can get data from AB in Excel, but not in CX-Supervisor. In CX-Supervisor, I created a point from DDE Server Name: RSLinx Topic Name: "project name in RSLinx" (same as Excel) Adress Name: "adress of the point" (same as Excel) Array size: 1 Should I be able to get data from AB and how? Thank you

Which version of Linx are you trying to use? To use RSLinx as a DDE server, it has to be one of the "licensed" versions. Not "Linx-Lite" that tags along with one of the RSLogix packages.

Usually you use OPC to connect an HMI product to RSLinx, rather than DDE, but the syntax is the same. Because you can get a DDE link to Excel to work correctly, you definitely have an OPC-capable license of RSLinx (either Professional or Gateway). Test your OPC connectivity with the OPC Quick Client that is bundled with RSLinx. Is the CX-SUPERVISOR program on the same PC as RSLinx, or are you trying to do this over a network ?

RS-Linx version is 2.41 Yes, CX-Supersvisor and RS-Linx are on the same PC. The AB plc is over a 56k modem, but it is not important. We should make test with OPC soon and let you know. Thank you

We found the answer in a previous post and it works http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=1676 Thank you