Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

Suggestion for RS Logix Software

11 posts in this topic

Here is a suggestion for RS Logix Software. You know how when you have a XIC or XIO and that bit is TRUE, it shows GREEN? Well with the ability now to put function block in the "middle" of the rung, like say a GREATER THAN function, wouldn't it be nice if the function is "true" that the border of the box glows GREEN? So that at a glance when you have a function block that flows in the middle of a rung, you can tell right away that function block is true, instead of stopping and pondering about it.... hmm...Source A is greater, than Source B now, so that function should be true....requires too much thinking... What do you guys think?

Sounds good, think we can pettition AB? Or is that just the big players?

Another thing I would love to have, when you highlight instruction and press F1, software would bring help for this instruction. PaulB

Good suggestions, but my money is on your request falling upon deaf ears :)

i think so too (i've been trying real hard for years to convice them to add this among many other things).

Omron listens, look at the first FOUR pinned topics here: congrats to Omron for listening to the suggestions.... http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showforum=17 Why can't we make AB listen as well. There are plenty of people that come to MrPLC that works for AB. Any one of those guys can e-mail the software team and say "Hey guys, check this thread out for some ideas to enhance RS Logix...." Maybe they already thought of it, but it doesn't hurt to ask nicely.

What I want is for RSLogix 500 to remember whether the PLC has an EEPROM in it or not, that was after I've made a bunch of online edits it will REMIND me to save them to the chip before I go offline. Seems simple enough, right? I mentioned this on the A-B forums (while they were still open) and got ZERO feedback. Mentioned it here a couple years ago too. As much as I like A-B products, I have to come to grips with the fact that is is for the most part, a faceless bureaucracy :(

Anybody going to Automation fair 2007 sounds like a perfect forum for this issue.

Outpuit status indicator is on the requested improvments list, not sure what release will have it. If you want to request improvement contact your local RA Sales Engineer (not distributor) and ask him to put this as an official request. Each request have Lgx number - get it from him as confirmation. Lgx number is not your support case number. Edited by Contr_Conn

Not trying to pick on you Gravitar, but you responses were just perfect examples of why I believe this will not work in the AB Section. Can the AB users of this forum provide positive product feedback and request instead of just turning the thread into another rant? If you were in there shoes would closely follow a thread that is full of negative comments? You don't see these negative comments in the Omron improvement request threads and I think that is why they are successful.

Not to argue any further, but I was in those shoes for many years. I had to answer to customers much less tactful than the negative comment I added to this thread :) And, yeah, if I were still in that position, I would pay attention to threads like this one, negativity notwithstanding. As long as there's concrete examples of opportunity for improvement, like the several that were mentioned. So I guess this is an open opportunity for any and all RA employees that may be reading this forum. Please let us know if our suggestions have been given serious consideration, and if there are any future plans to incorporate them. I'm encouraged to hear that Omron has discovered what a valuable resource MrPLC.com can be to them. If RA "throws us a bone" so to speak, you're sure to see all traces of negativity disappear and find nothing but solid enthusiasm take its place.