Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cordep

PUSH and FIFO

5 posts in this topic

Hi i'm trying to use PUSH and FIFO but it seems not to work just like i need or probably i'm doing something wrong, here is the problem: I do: SSET(630) 170 #6 -> Define the STACK Then: MOV(021) #1 200 -> Puts value 1 in CIO 200 MOV(021) #2 201 -> Puts value 2 in CIO 201 PUSH(632) 170 200 -> Write to the STACK the value 1 PUSH(632) 170 201 -> write to the stack the value 2 Now the problem, no matter what push i do first in the program because in the STACK it will be always organized de the number 1 first then the number 2, i mean isn't supposed to First In First OUt? if i do the second PUSH in first place shouldn't the numbers be organized in the stack like 2 ->1 ? I HAve attached the file... Thanks in advance... Cordep FIFO_PUSH.cxp

What instruction are you using to pull the data from the stack? FIFO? LIFO? Your ladder example doesn't have any of these instructions. BTW: You need a leading edge trigger on the SSET. You are setting the stack every scan which clears the stack. Come to think of it, that's probably your problem. :)

Oh sorry i forgot i'm using FIFO but i already have solved the problem and the problem is that in the definition of the STACK i can only do it once i mean: P_First_Cycle than i can use the @PUSH and @FIFO and it works just fine. I have attached the solution i found and it seems to work just fine. Thanks for your time, Cordep FIFO_PUSH.cxp

2 people like this