Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mushu

Communication between ControlLogix and Applicom thorugh Ethernet

3 posts in this topic

Hi all, I am trying to communicate my ControlLogix PLC's (They are a L61 and a L55) with a PC with Applicom (I think it is version 3.8) through Ethernet. We found a manual where they say we could browse the tagnames from Applicom, but we don't know how; in another places they say messages can be use. Do you know how to configure the message? We were trying to use "PLC 5 Type Read" and "PLC5 Type Write". In the path we put [1,1,2,x.x.x.x] where: 1,1 is our Ethernet module, it is in slot 1. 2,x.x.x.x is the TCP/IP address of the PC. We don't know why but when we are online we can't browse the path; we can ping the PC, but it doesn't appear in the browse. Have anybody used this configuration before? Thanks, Mushu

First get your polled tags working, before you start attempting Unsolicited data transfer (the MSG instructions in the controller). If the Applicom program is using PLC-5 type addressing (like N10:0 and so forth), you must define ControlLogix array tags that have PLC-5 style Data File numbers. In RSLogix 5000, you do this in the Logic -> Map PLC/SLC Messages menu function. If the Applicom program is using ControlLogix-style tags then yes, you should be able to browse tag names. Very likely you will have to configure Applicom to tell it which IP address your 1756-ENBT module is using, and which slot your controller is in. Have you run this by Applicom's technical support yet ?

Hi Eddie Willers, Thank you very much for your help, it was exactly what I needed.