Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dank06

PLC CPU Unit Initialization

7 posts in this topic

I'm just wondering if it's at all possible to do a hard reset on a CJ1M CPU unit to initialize memory and reset all default settings without a programming console or CX-programmer? if so, how do I do that (I don't have a peripheral cable and the COM port settings are wrong, so I cannot connect)

If you turn CPU dipswitch 5 to ON position the RS232 port will default to Host Link @ 9600,7,e,2. (actually it will do an baud rate auto detect so any speed will work except 51k2). If you really want to initialize user program and PLC setup load an empty program with default PLC setup on a CF card with CX-Programmer memory card component and use automatic transfer dipswitch setting at startup. I would recommend doing a backup first though, this can also be done with a memory card. See W393-E1 manual for details.

Ok I tried DIP switch 5, it didn't work I backed up the settings with a memory card. I'm not sure how to transfer a clean program along with default plc settings to a memory card: the only options for offline transfer to file are program files, index files, symbols files, and comments.

Just start a new program, check everything you mention above and transfer directly to memory card path or save to disk first and copy the files to an empty memory card.

Ok I understand now. LOL. The plc no longer has an error, but i cannot use the comm port still. I'm still trying to determine the problem. Edited by dank06

Actually I understand what you mean, for the PLC setup to be loaded from a memory card, you have to place the parameter file AUTOEXEC.STD on the card but I haven't figured out if it is possible to create such a file with default PLC setup from CX-Programmer. It seems you can only backup an existing parameter area to a STD file from the CPU to the memorycard wherafter you can use it to restore to the PLC. See section 5 File Memory functions from W394-E1 for details... admit is is a bit confusing at first though how to name files, replace or autoexec.... have to do a bit more reading I guess What cable are you using btw ?

Hi PdL and dank06, It didn't work (if the cable is correct and you chose right port on PC) beacause the settings of the RS232 port on the CPU unit, when the DIP switch 5 is ON is Toolbus and baud rate you can choose. RS232 port with DIP switch 5 ON is behaving the same as Peripherial port with DIP switch 4 OFF and vice versa. Hostlink is default setting in the sense it is pre-defined, but when changed new settings are retained. By putting DIP switch 5 to ON we say don't use setup, use automatic (look DIP switch description on CPU's little door). Automatic means Toolbus, baud rate autodetect. So, DIP switch 5 to ON use programming cable as in manual, choose toolbus, correct PC port, baud rate set, go online and change whatever. you can try with auto online feature also. Inform us was it succesfull. regards to all Edited by tashinz