Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cydog

Rs View Studio 4.0 - Reason for Missing Tags

7 posts in this topic

RS View Studio 4.0 -Reasons for Missing Tags -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- What would be some of the reasons why I would be missing tags in my Tag Browser. Some of these are old tags. I had this problem before with new Tags, but I just rebooted and I had them the next time I opened RS View Studio. I just did an update from 3.2 to 4.0 but another application does well. We do have 4 applications that were done by another company and they seem like the ones I am having trouble finding the tags. Any Ideas , Thanks In Advance

This might sound silly but... Are you sure they are TAGS. If you are working with Control/Compact logix PLC you can Directly address the datatables. No HMI tags are needed.

One thing to try would be, When browsing the Tags right click on the source/folder and select Refresh

The 4 applications that I am having trouble with were done by a company out of Belgium ,their programmers are usually on the road or at a desk working on the next project,and are grabbing their tags offline out of the .ACD that they developed. I think that is somewhat of the problem that I am having if that makes sense. The tags that I do see in the online browser are only about 8% of tags that are in the program ,and I believe these were placed in the application onsite (online)and at the end of the project. The reason why I do not think it is in my RS View Studio,is that I can go into another application and Plc from 2 other integrators same type Plc, PanelView Plus and RS View and I am able to see all the tags.What blows my ( and that don't take much) is why I cannot create a online path and see those tags, even if they were developed offline. Any ideas, Thanks Again

see this TN http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...amp;p_topview=1

Thanks , I did print these Offline Instructions , but I still wonder why I can't see them online like I can other applications. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- What blows my ( and that don't take much) is why I cannot create a online path and see those tags, even if they were developed offline. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make sure you have a backup of your current project. Then rebuild the Local Communications Setup. When you open Communication Setup, you should be able to click on the definied Shortcut, This should expand the IO tree to the PLC processor and if a RS5000 PLC project then the location on your harddrive it expects to find the offline file. If this isn't the case build the IO tree copy the Offline file (If RS5000) to your harddrive, click on the short cut and highlight the PLC processor and click Apply. Open your tag browser select online Browsing folder (Right click select refresh , if needed) If you can go online to your PLC you will be able to see all the tags that are in the Processor