Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cydog

ControlLogix- BSL to wrap around after reaching 27 instead of 32

8 posts in this topic

I have a turning device that has 27 shelves on it and I would like to keep track of the shelves that have product on , and then activate a process when that full shelf comes around. I have my BSL working well but I would like to have my 27th bit (a 1 or a 0)be able to wrap around to my 1st position again. Right now I am using a doubleword to accomplish this. Right now ,it wants to go to 32 and drop off the end. Would you have any ideas.I am probably way off the mark. Thanks in advance.

if you open your Logix 5000 and look in the help for BSL you'll understand the tag names I am referring to. You should do a BSL. Array == Array_DINT[0] Control == Control_1 Source Bit = = Input_1 Length = 26 When the rung conditions are false then copy the unload bit to input 1 - becomes your 27th location.

Thanks for your help. I have it working fairly well. Now my question is about RS View Studio. I would like to place this turning device on my HMI Screen so the operator can see the filled positions and enter a 1 or a 0 to make a correction. When I drill down to my PLC tags ,I am only able to go down to my Array_DINT[0] and not my individual array bits. Would you know of any reasons why. Thanks

Add your bits manually after selecting the array... Array_DINT[0].XX

This should be placed under the connection tab right? What about the brackets? {::[NEW SHORTCUT]Program:MainProgram.Array_DINT[0]} I tried it like this but I keep geting an error in the numeric display {::[NEW SHORTCUT]Program:MainProgram.Array_DINT[0]3}

I believe you either need a "." or a "/" after the word specifier. Something Like this.... {::[NEW SHORTCUT]Program:MainProgram.Array_DINT[0].3} or {::[NEW SHORTCUT]Program:MainProgram.Array_DINT[0]/3}

Take a look at this thread. http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=31707 It should give you some ideas on how to handle this and simplify your tags at the same time. I hope it helps.

Glad to hear you got it working. Was not a problem to lend a hand.