Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DHR

moving groups of registers

7 posts in this topic

I need to move 10 registers at a time. The test spec limits for different parts are stored in 10 seperate registers. When I push the part number button in the touch pannel, I need the specs for that number to move into the spec registers. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Im not familiar with plc direct programming. Thanks Dave :)

In the machines we manufacture each type case to be processed requires different setup information (timer presets, counter presets, comparison values) I have written the program so that all these locations are contigous V memory locations. When the operators selects a setup (in out machines limited to 0 - 49) the program, noting the selection change, copies a group of values from a storage table into location mention above. I'll give an example. Running group of V memory locations V2000 - V2037 (32 locations) Selected case from the HMI in V2100 Storage table starting at V10000 The move code would be as follows LD V2100 (pick up the case number) MUL K32 (times the variable table length gives an offset) BIN (change the offset to binary format) OUT V2101 (this is just a temporary location) LDA O10000 (get the start of the storage area) ADDB V2101 (add the calculated offset) OUT V2102 (store the pointer to the data into the large table) LD K20 (this is 32 in hex) LD V2102 (points to the start of the section in the storage area) MOV V2000 (moves 32 pieces of info from somewhere in V1XXXX to V2000 and following) I hope this helps.

Seems just a bit more complex than my situation calls for, but I appreciate your help. I assume I can trim this down from 32 registers to 10. Anyway, thanks for your help. I will program it in to morrow and see where it takes me. Dave

The MOV comman expects, on the stack, the number of items to move (in hex) and the source location address. This was the method of deriving the address of a variable location to use as the second item on the stack. By the way, the MOV command can take a 'Pointer' type number as its argument if the MOV is to a variable location. Oh, and yes the number can be changed to 10 but remember that has to be expressed in hes so it would be 'Ka' Edited by b_carlton

Does the recipe function on C-more panels aren't suppose to do that??

The C-More is an excellent choice when using the "one button = one recipe" method. This is great for a limited number of recipes. The sources can be constants or PLC registers. I might have recommended this if he mentioned a specific display. Others have this feature also. I have used the register move in the PLC to allow the operator to select a recipe number from a single numeric control. Then events (machine start, display button push or even the act of changing the recipe number) cna cause the data load. A minor change to this procedure can allow storage of revised parameters for a recipe. This, using the recipe button, would require a second button for each recipe.

Another way to use the touch screen is to call up recipes from Subroutines. When you press a button a the touchscreen a specific subroutine is ran and data is loaded from that sub routine. Since the subroutine is outside your actual program it will not have an effect on your scan time until it is called up. Also editing or changing the valuse of your recipe can be handled the same way. Need to add a recipe...you just add another subroutine. With high speed processing this is a definate plus.