Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sd00

How can I increase max instances of CX-Prog V7?

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how can I increase the maximum allowable instances of CX-Prog V7? Currently on our PCs (P4 2.8ghz 1Gb memory, Win-XP) I can open only 4 instances of CXP & would like to increase this to 8 (as it was on V3.2) I am aware that one project (workspace) can hold many PLCs but this is not liked and confusing to some people. Cheers, Steve.

I don't think this is possible. There must be a preset memory limit that prevents is from loading more instances, regardless of the total physical memory available. I have noticed when you have CXD running as well it can even run less instances.

Not the answer I was hoping for : Anyone else managed to get more than 4 instances of CXP open on a PC?

Well I can't tell for sure, I figured you tested it yourself and based om my experience with CXD (never really tried running so many CXP instances) I came to that conclusion. But there are some users closer to the Omron fire hanging around here, who might tell for sure.

Anyone else managed to get more than 4 instances of CXP open on a PC?... more then 4... try even doing that with other manufactures software i think not..... mmm we are spoilt with Omron... To be honest, if i was to open more then 2 at a time, i would certainly hope that i also have multiple monitors... or a really really really big one.... Sorry i. don;t know a work around

Hmmm... Strange one this, and not one that I currently have an answer to, apart from to say that with v 7.2 (Beta), I can only open 3 instances! It appears to have been steadily decreasing over the years. v5.0 was 5 instances, v6 and 7 now 4. I don't think that it's a registry setting, so there probably won't be a work around. If I can find out more, I'll respond later.

I've been in touch with one of the European developers I met a few weeks ago & asked if he would step the code (to which he kindly did). It seems the problem lies somewhere in one of the components he has no access src for (developed / compiled by the lead programmers in Japan). He agrees this is a worsening issue and has escalated this with the Japanese guys. He said he will let me know the outcome when he finds out what the underlying concern is. I'll post an update when I get more info. Regards, Steve.