Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

How to Determine if CPU can be flashed?

4 posts in this topic

So the RS Logix 5000 life has been good. I really like it. However still learning the ropes on flashing the CPUs. Right now I have a CPU that is version 13. I wondered if I could flash it to version 15 or even 16. The CPU is a 1769-L32E. Is there a matrix somewhere that could be had if you can flash it higher? Right now it's version 13. Or can all CPUs be flashed upward no matter what? I think I have to check for module issues but I wasn't sure.

Check out the RA website. You'll want to look under firmware updates. They'll be a full chart and it even shows what RSlinx, RSnetworx and what version CNET, DNET and DHRIO firmware you need with what version CPU. Yes the firmware matrix is valuable information. Sorry I don't have a link.

After you log into the AB site, this is the link you'll want for the chart. And the L32E is good up to v16.04.

Logix controller can be flashed in any direction up or down Application file needs to be converted as well to match controller. It's easy to go up, but uusually takes some effort to go "down"