Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gnex

RsLinx enterprise problem

4 posts in this topic

Hello! I have this problem just recently, it was related to my RsViewMe project, I have an *.Apa project from my old laptop. when I run this to my new laptop I encounter this error, see attached, I know There are a lot of my freind from this forum who could help me. Gnex Edited by Gnex

Try this tech note http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...amp;p_topview=1

Thank you again Praveen! I solve the problem I do attached the solution. Maybe some other guys might encounter same problem. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Failed to save shortcut file" error when attempting to save shortcuts in RSLinx Enterprise."Failed to save shortcut file" error when attempting to save shortcuts in RSLinx Enterprise Question Failed to save shortcut file" error when attempting to save shortcuts in RSLinx Enterprise Answer PROBLEM: Cannot save shortcuts in RSLinx Enterprise when running RSView Studio ME. The following dialog is displayed: RSLinx Enterprise Failed to save shortcut file. [OK] SOLUTION: 1. Delete or rename the "\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Rockwell\RSLinx Enterprise\RSLinxNG.XML" Note: The Application Data directory is a hidden directory 2. Copy the "DefaultTemplate.XML" from "\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSLinx Enterprise to \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Rockwell\RSLinx Enterprise" and then rename the file to RSLinxNG.XML. 3. Reboot. 4. Run RSViewME. Note that the user may no longer have the drivers and/or shortcuts that were configured before the error occurred. Problem: "Failed to save shortcut file" error when attempting to save shortcuts in RSLinx Enterprise Edited by Gnex

Could someone post the fix for this??? I do not have access to the rockwell site. Thanks!