Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mad1

Export Documentation to Excell file

7 posts in this topic

I am attempting to export documentation to a Excel file without success. Is there a second step to get the information into a Excel file after exporting into a .CVS file? Edited by mad1

I have .CSV files associated to Excel, so I just click on it. Otherwise do one of the following; Right click on the CSV file and use 'Open With' to select Excel. You can have CSV's always associated with Excel if you check the option. Or start Excel. Do 'File' - 'open'. Find the directory and set 'Files Of Type' at the bottom to 'Text Files' (which includes CSV. You may have to adjust column widths but otherwise the data should be there. By the way, for those who don't have Excel, and don't want to cough up the money to Uncle Bill, try OpenOffice.org. It includes FOR FREE an Excel compatible spreadsheet application (as well as applications compatible with the other Microsofdt Office applications). Edited by b_carlton

Important Note : CSV is a text format file. It will not retain format, border, color or other "EXCEL" special edits you make once you open the CSV for viewing. To save your edits you will need to save as an *.XLS or excel spreadsheet.

Another thing I have had to do is when importing from my spreadsheet I have to import the CSV. The XLS would not import into my Direct Soft. I do save an XLS for documentation purposes though.

When I open the .CSV file in Excel it only displays the analog(X20) contact. No other functions from the program are displayed in the Excel file? UB End X20 Analog Input File/Export/Element Documentation is what I choose to create the file. Edited by mad1

The problem is the software version, I have version 4. This feature has been added in version 5, tried the demo version and it works. File/Export Element Documentation/ Under content format choose 'KEPDIRECT server format" Save As ".csv"

Absolutely, CSV converted to xls is great for documentation only...