Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thomas1000

PID Control for Q06 CPU

4 posts in this topic

Hi, Has anyone out there used the pid control program for a QCPU? The PID loop is not working at present on the QCPU. I am using the same program as I would normally use for a QnACPU which has worked OK in the past. Has anyone used the same program successfully? I have one question with regards to the manual :- It states that the values to be used for SV, PV and MV depend upon the PID limit being on or off. e.g PV range is 0 to 2000 if PID limit is on and -32768 to 32767 if PID limit is off. Where is the PID limit on or off set? Is it be using SD774 and SD775? Edited by thomas1000

Hi PL check this program may help you Regares Govind L. Lathkar Madhu_Plc_18_Jun04Ver__1.6.zip

Thanks Govind Lathkar for your reply, it seems that there are plenty of viewer for this topic, shame that there are not may replies. The program I had did eventually work after rewritting the code. It must have copied over from a previous project incorrectly. Is there an easy way to commission theses PID loops instead of poking PID values and monitoring their reaction. Thanks

why don't you post your code so others may use it? as for tuning PID loops there is number of solutions but one always has to monitor for a while to get response of the system. different methods may have different accuracy, poking values may get you close enough and even run beautifly but surely doesn't provide optimum results (unless you are one really lucky guy). calculation on the other hand is a different story but since many engineering tasks seam to be solvable with much simpler math, most people lack or have forgoten this part of the skill (not used knowledge gets lost).