Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Patrick Herbst

Cip to controllogix

5 posts in this topic

i'm trying to set up a generic CIP msg to a ControlLogix to pull the processor status (ie program, run, or fault) and throw it up on a display.  does anyone know that class/instance/attrib to grab this stuff?

The easy way would be to perform a GSV instruction in the controller itself, and then interpret the results in a simpler format (i.e. a 1,2,3,4) for the MMI screen to display. You can do a GSV instruction to the CONTROLLERDEVICE object class, and retrieve an INT data type that contains the status of the controller. RSLogix 5000 help describes it as follows: Status INT Bits identify status: Bits 3-0 are reserved Bits 7-4 Meaning 0000 reserved 0001 flash update in progress 0010 reserved 0011 reserved 0100 flash is bad 0101 faulted 0110 run 0111 program Bits 11-8 Meaning 0001 recoverable minor fault 0010 unrecoverable minor fault 0100 recoverable major fault 1000 unrecoverable major fault Bits 13-12 Meaning 01 keyswitch in run 10 keyswitch in program 11 keyswitch in remote Bits 15-14 Meaning 01 controller is changing modes 10 debug mode if controller is in Run mode Of course, if the controller is in Program mode the GSV won't execute and you won't be able to tell.  Hmm.   So you have to figure out what the hex codes for CONTROLLERDEVICE and STATUS are.   I wonder if my handy-dandy CIP analyzer is still around here.....

Okay, I *think* it is: Class      0x01 hex    (Identity) Instance 0x01 hex    (this one controller) Attribute 0x05 hex    (Status integer) Tuesday I'll be able to check this against a real ControlLogix and figure out if it's correct.

This was answered over at the RSLogix forum recently: Knowbase A9411 - Checking processor status and memory usage using DDE/OPC reads from RSLinx Applications that use DDE/OPC with RSLinx can check the status and some other processor information using predefined items in RSLinx version 2.20 and higher. Status items: @Status - returns a string containing the current status of the controller (OK or Faulted) @Mode - returns a string containing the processor mode (Run, Program, Remote Run, Remote Program) @ProcessorName - returns a string containing the processor name @Revision - returns a string containing the processor's firmware revision

what is this?  and where can i get one?