Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sergei Troizky

CX Programmer 6.1 automatic address allocation

6 posts in this topic

Just be aware that this may happen. See duplicated W3.02 address on the screenshot. Edited by Sergei Troizky

How did you manage that? What version CXP are you using? I use AA, and haven't seen this problem...yet!

I've come across this problem when converting from an old plc to new plc type when people have given their own names to system bits (like P_On etc.) But I just tried entering 2 symbols with the same address and you can do it without any warning or error message. I'm using cx-prog v7.02. Maybe this should go in the cx-prog improvements thread? I can't see any reason why anyone would want to do this.

I am using v6.1 as stated in the topic header. Yes, this can be entered manually but this is not something expected from automatic allocation. This is not a conversion- the project created in the same version. Edited by Sergei Troizky

Hello Sergei, Was this just adding the symbols to the table with AA on ? As PP alluded to, this is not something that would normally happen (I've certainly never seen it), unless really trying to screw the system! I would be interested if you could reproduce the phenomenon!

The issue was found during debugging because of machine malfunction. Unfortunately, cannot recall any history. The software was extensively edited online and offline prior to the issue.