Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pszczepan

DeviceNet network question

4 posts in this topic

Hi ! I have scale with RS232. Does Omron have any unit (DeviceNet slave) to connect RS232 device to deviceNet network? I read about smart slice system - it gives me many digital I/O but what about analog signals. Can I use any unit - deviceNet slave which can transmit analog value to the master? How fast is DeviceNet network ? Thanks Pawel

there are lots of analog i/o (see GRT2 and Devicenet manuals) Or you can use K3** series with devicenet Also check devicnet manual for calculating the speeds Edited by beegee

The DRT1-COM slave allows you to connect serial comm devices to DeviceNet. DeviceNet comm speeds are 125Kbaud, 250Kbaud, 500Kbaud

Hi ! I opened pdf file with DRT1-COM and there is no info that I can connect it with RS232 port. To connect RS232 device I need to use DRT1-232C - correct? I need also remote HMI - I think that the smallest HMI with devicenet is NT31 - via module NT-DRT21 - correct? Will it work if I connect NT21(RS232) to DeviceNet via unit DRT1-232C? What is difference betweeen smartslice GRT1 and devicenet DRT1 i DRT2 modules . Both work with devicenet. thanks PAwel Edited by pszczepan