Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobLfoot

Logix 5000 Versions and Capabilities

7 posts in this topic

Hope someone here who has RSLogix 5000 Full or RSLogix 5000 Professional Edition can assist me in resolving a debate I am having with our engineers. We have an OEm supplied program which is part Ladder and Part SFC. We are using RSLogix 5000 Standard Edition which according to the Rockwell Website and my testing will not allow creation of SFC charts. Now for the question. Our Engineers insist that it is an OEM lock keeping us from viewing the SFCs and claim Rockwell Tech Support has told them this. The person I spoke with at Rockwell Tech Support says that Standard will not create or allow viewing of SFC's and we need to upgrade to Full or Professional. Here is my simple request. Can someone post a simple SFC routine Logix 5000 Program. Don't care if it does anything useful. Just want to see if my Standard Logix 5000 can view it. Thanks Gang.

Rockwell Tech Support is correct http://www.rockwellautomation.com/rockwell...deringinfo.html SFC is optional software with RSL5K Standard Edited by rpraveenkum

Check the sample progs that come with the installation - there are a couple of SFC examples there.

goto help---> release notes---->Choosing Your RSLogix 5000 Package for information about different pagkages tech note for source protection http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...amp;p_topview=1 Verify the routine by installing the source protection tool whether it is protected or due to lack of optional SFC software

Thanks for the responses Found a sample program on the knowledebase and it proves I cannot see SFC or ST with Standard. I can export the file in question as an L5k and see the construction details of the SFC, something I could not do on a source protected SFC I believe.

BobLfoot For you to have a SFC all you need is the RIGHT ACTIVATION key, which enable a SFC features. Edited by Gnex

see this matrix