Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ssommers

Micro/Win conversion

8 posts in this topic

I have an old S7-200 program that won't open in the new Micro/Win version 4. When I try to open it, I get the following: "This project contains one or more programming constructs that VFersion 4.x does not support. To open this project successfully in Version 4.x, it will be necessary to first open it with the version of the programming package that was used to create it, and then follow the steps outlined below. Once these steps are complete the project will successfully open in Version 4.x. 1. Switch the program editor to Statement List. 2. Turn symbolic addressing off. 3. Save the project. 4. Open the project with Version 4.x. " I believe that it's version 2, but I don't have that software. Would someone be willing to transfer it for me? Thanks, Susan

I had a similar problem awhile back. I uploaded the program from the PLC into version 4.x and was able to copy and paste the symbol table from the older version.

I agree with Togadude, the easiest method is just upload it from the PLC in version 4 and copy over the documentation. I don't have a copy of the old 2.0 software anymore. I doubt I can even locate a copy of version 3 anymore, but I could check my boxes of old discs.

My other problem is that I don't have a cable to upload the program from the controller. I'm working with the floppy disk that was in the cabinet and an eval copy of Micro/Win 4. I don't have a cable either. I'm trying to recreate the toolroom file that's been lost, so I just need a printout. The files are zipped here. If anyone can do it, I would be very, very grateful! Thanks, Susan Ultrasonic.zip

Here ya go Susan. I was able to dig up version 2.11 in the archives. The program only views with STL though. Its a small program so translating to ladder should be pretty easy. ai931121.zip

ThankYou ThankYou ThankYou Togadude!!!! You are Awesome!!! I knew it was a tiny program and I've PDF'd the printout. Thanks, Susan

Do you know if you can do this without having the older version of the software? I have a version 2 program which is composed of a set of separate files including a .sym and I have an uploaded program but have yet to figure out how to import the symbols. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Not that I know of. If you post the code, I can convert it for you.