Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kyle

VB or data grid in RSview

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how to add something produced in visual basic to a screen in RSView Studio. It looks like I can add it somehow because it is an option but it is not allowing me to add something. Is this an addon that has to be purchased seperately or is it possiblly only on a certain license of RSView. When trying to add a microsoft data grid an error message appears that says "failed to create control licenese information for this componenet was not found".

I was able to add a DataGrid no problem, It said DataGrid SP6 which stands for service pack 6. I tried this on RSView ME 4.0. What service pack do you have for VB.

Do both VB and RSView Studio have to be installed on the same machine or can a VB file be transfered and used on the RSView Studio computer. Have RSView ME 4.0 as well. As for the service pack for VB is that a microsoft VB pack or a AB service pack. The error message that appears before the earlier one when the microsoft datagrid 6.0 is attempted to be added. It says to make sure the selected active x controller is available on the operating system and platform on which you are deploying the project.

The service pack is a microsoft for VB. A VB dll or ocx can be moved but you would have to register it with RVSVR32. It is a huge service pack by the way and I think you need a full license for VB6 to install it. I have a full license for VB6 and not just the smaller one that comes in RSView. That may be the difference.