Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Migchez

OMron C200H - CS1 Conversion with NC112 cards

9 posts in this topic

Hi , has anyone done a C200h to CS1 conversion using NC112 motion Cards? I am attempting to convert a C200H that has 3 NC112 cards and a CT001-V1 (high speed counter Card) From what i been told from Omron is that the NC112 cards are compatible with the CS1. I have a new CS1 PLC and backplane. They only difference is that the CS1 utilises different CIO and DM memeory areas for theses cards. I have done the conversion and searched and replaced all the CIO and DM areas. Howvere I annot get the machine to run and keep getting errors (1600, 1501 , 1500) that are telling me my speed refernces are not valid? I have not changed the original program at all (apart from the required conversions). The machine will Jog and Home fine but does not want to run in auto. The servo cards also alarm every time i attempt to 'Transfer' to them. Just wondering if there are any undocumented 'Tricks' that someone may have found in the past. Thanks to anyone in advance you may be able to help Regards Migchez

Have you tried you local omron reps in brisbane (Control Logic) they have a few switched guys up there.

Yes, and as a result have been in touch with some guys from sydney. i am having another shot at it next week , will report back if i fibd a solution thanks

Has probably been covered in one of your conversations, but has the proper setup information been sent to the modules? Some of this is in DM area on the C200H and may have been set directly in DM, not through the program. Just a thought. Good Luck.

If you are using any analog cards, the C200's are not compatable with the CS1. You need to replace them. ALso, make doubly sure you moved all DM values to the new locations.

OIDMBTRTECH wrote: I just checked CX-Programmer version 7. In the I/O Table and Unit Setup, under General Purpose Analog I/O is lists all (or at least most) of the C200H modules. I was of the understanding you could use them. Has this been changed? If you have any information on this it would be helpful. Thx, gtsuport

Gtsuport is correct, I have a job currently running using a CS1G-42-E with a C200H-AD003 and a C200H-CT021. Follow the CS1 book for the new addresses, works fine.

I did a couple of C200 to CS1 conversions and was told by OMRON tech support that the C200 analogs were not compatable. During my conversion, I did some indepth research, aka read the manuals on analogs and really did not find something specific that said they were not compatable. I asked why and was told the older ones look for different DM addresses by default and the DM addresses for analogs in the CS are different. During a training session to become certified to do the upgrading of OLD Omron PLC's to current ones, we were told the analog modules would need replacing. IF you were able to use a C200 analog with a CS1, let me know how you set it up. I know a bunch of service techs that would like to know how to save customers some $$$$.

Some one has been telling you some porky pies (lies)..... The modules that the CS1 does not support are Hostlink units.. ie LK201.. and yes i have proved this to my self also by leaving one plugged in to see what happens... RM201's AD001/AD002/AD003 all work... Simply put the set up words for the analogue units are moved from say DM1000 (the old C200H) unit 0 to D20000 and so on. They are compatible.. in fact the majority of cards are. The only time a C200H card will not be 100% compatible is if you upgraded to a reduandt PLC CS1 system in that they cannot be hot swapped. Sorry I digress... I am doing an upgrade at the moment.. with C200HAD001 cards and ASC01 card and yse the conversion of the program is fine and the CPU is happy.