Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Davids

Ultra3000i Parameter Setting Problem

7 posts in this topic

i have meet some problem on how to define feedback data value of ultra3000i drive via deviceNet. for example in the manual: feedback data pointer||Name||Parameter Object Instance||Data Type 10||Position Error||133||DINT can someone show me some sample on how to read the data value feedback via PLC? FYI, i'm using Compact Logix L31 PLC with 1769-SDN devicenet. thank you. Edited by Davids

try this sample file http://samplecode.rockwellautomation.com/i....hcst?dID=55445

As per the example from Rockewll shows you how to set up the MSG instruction for writing to the Ouput table, try using the same MSG instruction with a Parrameter read instead of Parrameter write, I have used this with a L32E Compact logix to read the Position feedback & it works well. Much easier than trying to use feedback data pointers.

ok.. thank alot. i will try with that now.

I have to say, that sample file is not very informative. At a minimum, they should have included some commentary on how the drive was mapped on the Dnet and which I/O assemblies were being used. One could also call it a bad example, since it uses explicit writes but does not mention parameter 114. By default, explicit writes go to non-volatile memory which can be quickly "worn out" by frequent writes. Parameter 114 changes this behaviour. Implicit writes (via I/O assembly) do not affect NVMEM unless you set the appropriate bit in output assembly 5, 6, or 9. Programming of drives of any sort on devicenet or any other field bus is greatly aided by creating and using a UDT for the drive.

from the AB example i do understand how to call motor to index and fault handler but i dont understand how PLC know communicate with driver as it no point out which assembly it using. The source is a decimal(INT)? just the destination can be INT, DINT, float or anything in order to decode the message? thank..

Depending on which I/O assemblies you're using, there can be a mixture of BIT, SINT, INT, and DINT data and even some bit groupings smaller than a SINT. Which is why I recommend creating a UDT to ease the programming task. Have you determined which I/O assemblies to use for your application? Have you decided whether implicit or explicit messaging (or a mixture) is more appropriate for your application?