Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikey431

rslogix500 on SLC major and minor fault

5 posts in this topic

I know that on the SLC 503 when the processor has a major fault ,the processor will stop scanning and all the oputput is de-energized , does anybody know is it do the same on minor fault ?

I think is the same, processor have only one fault mode. (Program, Run, Faulted, Test)

I think, Major or minor fault is only in CLX environment, RS500 has only fault. correct me if I'm wrong.

SLC has Major & minor faults Minor Error were grouped in S:5 These bits of this word are set by the processor to indicate that a minor error has occurred in your ladder program. Minor errors, bits 0 to 7, revert to major error 0020H if any bit is detected as being set at the end of the scan. HHT users: If the processor faults for error code 0020H, you must clear minor error bits S:5/0-7 along with S:1/13 to attempt error recovery.

You can can trap and remember a minor fault and then keep a program running by creating logic to set a bit and then clear the minor fault before an end statement is scanned. Then you can do whatever you want in your program with that bit. eg. If S:5/0 latch B3/0 and then clear S:5/0 XIC S:5/0 BST OTL B3/0 NXB OTU S:5/0 BND On a major fault you cannot have any digital output on. What you can do is have a digital output that is always on whenever the PLC is in run mode. Edited by Alaric