Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cltoh77

Cost Effective Hardware Configuration

4 posts in this topic

Hi all, I need to build a system with 8 Analog Input, 1 Ethernet Port, 16 In / 32 out. I just wondering what is the most cost effective configuration. I had few option listed below: Option 1: CP1H cw 24 DI / 16 DO / 4 AI, add-on expansion included 4 AI, 16 DO, 1 Ethernet Module Option 2: CJ1M-CPU11-ETN, add-on expansion included 16 DI, 32 DO, 8AI (CJ1W-AD081-V1) Option 3: CJ1M-CPU11, add-on expansion included 16DI, 32 DO,8AI (CJ1W-AD081-V1), 1 Ethernet Module Option 4: Mitsubishi Q00J CPU, Power Supply, 5 Slot Rack, 16 DI, 32 DO, 8AI, 1 Ethernet Module. Which combination is the best? Please voted for your choice . Thank you. regards,

Since you have posted this on the Omron section, then option 4 will more than likely not even be considered. You say 'cost-effective', you must know this yourself if you have come up with those options? You need to assess also, what are the chances of expansion being required. Personally, I would go for option 3. This would allow for as much expansion as you like.

Hi all, Sorry for didn't make myself clear. Many of other brand or series of PLC can meet the same hardware configuration, I just wondering which cost is lowest. My critirial are 1. Programming not in consideration 2. Brand and series not limited on Omron 3. No future expansion If this post are more suitable posted in other section than this, kindly move it. Thanks.

Cost effective is relative. Option 2 will give you pretty close to the smallest size and would be my choice. Smaller size means smaller box and is therefore cost effective. If there is the possibility of future jobs, Omron CX-One is the most cost effective programming software I have seen so far and gives you everything, PLCs, screens, motion, networking etc etc, virtually everything in the range in one inexpensive package. The hardware is usually the least expensive part of a project. Edited by BobB