Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thomas1000

Mitsubishi QJ71E71 Ethernet Module

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I am looking for a basic description of what the following configuration parameter are and their function in the above module. I have read the basic and application manuals and am none the wiser. Has anyone got a download link or a manual that explains what the following terminology referes to:- Open system Active Unpassive Fullpassive MELSOFT connection Fixed buffer communication Procedure exist No procedure Pairing open No pairs Pairs Existance confirmation No confirm Confirm

Try this protocol reference manual... http://www.meau.com/Files/SH_NA_080008-H.PDF

Thanks Crossbow for your reply,I will download the manual to see. Myreal problem is setting up communication using fixed buffers between two ports with a Q71E71 module and Beijers E1100 HMI. I can get the two to communicate with each other by automatic port open using port 5000 on UDP but not using fixed ports 500 and 501. I have set the HMI and PLC using varying parameters without success. Have you set up such a system and if you have how did you achieve it. Thanks

You can make any connection TCP /UDP Unpassiv or Fullpassiv. Just remember that the port numer in the GX software is a HEX value so port 500 is actually 1280 The port number in the beijer software should therefor be 1280

Thanks Gambit I managed to get 2 HMI's to communicate to 2 CPUs via ethernet. Turns out one of the cards were faulty

Hi, Crossbow. The link is no longer valid. Is there a new link? Basically I'm looking for information on setting up a Mitsubishi Ethernet QJ71E71-100 in GX Developer: Switch settings and basic info on what the Network Parameters stuff does. I would also like some help with setting up a QJ71C24. Even though I have a doc which describes the switch settings, it does not fully make sense because the switch settings specified in the user manual do not take into account PLC Number or Net Number. The only setting it indicates is Station Number set by Switch 5. Thanks.

Go to www.meau.com, go to Downloads, then Manuals. The old link had the manual number to search for in it. So in the manual number field, try entering 080008 (you don't need the whole name. Search for QJ71E71 in the product part number and you will find the manuals on the Ethernet card. Search for QJ71C24 and you will find the manuals on the serial card. The manuals do cover all required settings.