pszczepan

OPC Server for CJ1M-CPU23

12 posts in this topic

Hi! Soon I will develop CJ1M-CPU23 application with SCADA system. I will use SCADA soft PRO 2000. I asked about OMRON - PRO2000 communication and the guy from SCADA Company said that I must check if OPC Server is attached to PLC controller. If yes no problem - PRO 2000 will be client of OPC Server and connection will be enabled. Anyway if there is not OPC Server, guys from PRO 2000 can write driver for OMRON but I need details about communication protocol. Could you explain how I can arrange it? Thanks Pawel

There are several OPC-solutions to choose from. Omron provides CX-OPC-EV1.22-N, and from a quick search on Google I found Kepware Omron OPC Suite. Omron Communications OPC Server suite I you would like to create your own communication solution, have a look in this manual from Omrons european web site. CS1/CJ1 Communications Commands Reference Manual BR

Is there CX-OPC-EV1.22-N integrated in CXONE 2.0 or I have to purchase it seperate? Pawel

Hello ! I've just talked to guy who will create driver for PLC CJ1M to connect to SCADA via Ethernet. I gave him CS1/CJ1 Communications Commands Reference Manual and soon he will look at it, but in meantime he asked: - Does Omron PLC support MODBUS TCP standard? Communication standard between PLC and Ethernet is TCP or UDP - What ports are used to communicate via ethernet - are they predefined or you can set them from the PLC) Did anyone of you write such a driver? The guy from SCADA Company wrote many drivers for Siemens, Allen Bradley, Fanuc, but till now they have not any experience with OMRON. I would like to help him, but I am not familiar in this subject and I am pretty sure - no one in Poland did it. So, please help For any clue thank. PAwel

Unfortunately by default Omron Ethernet units do not support Modbus TCP/IP. You would have to create this driver by writing the code yourself by using raw socket commands, or use already developed driver. Have a look at this topic for instance. The default port for FINS UDP/TCP is 9600, but this can be adjusted manually.

Hi ! I ve just received offer for driver to connect PLC Omron and SCADA. The offer made me producer of SCADA. I also received offer from OMRON for the soft : CX-OPC1.2(Server1.7.5.10). The prices are similar and I do not know what solution is better for me. Could you write advantages of using CX-OPC. Do I need something else if I have CX-ONE. I found term CX-OPC licences - what does it mean? Thanks Pawel

I´ve just wrote a Software to comunicate with omron through ethernet module using fins commands. All the data goes to SQL Server. There is an Ethernet UDP Application in the download area section which I used to understand the communication. Hope this helps....

Omron's CX-OPC1.2 is good as it works with CX-Programmer - just mark the symbols for external use and link to CDM file, which is just selected by the OPC Server. I guess has best hardware knowledge too

hello there, im trying to connect wincc flexible to omron cj1m cpu22 through KepServerEX but i didnt find cj1m on the list im trying to use ethernet to connect them both . PLZ DO HELP ME PLEASE

What do you see in the list?

only CJ1 but it didnt work , i decided to try and use cp1E but i didnt find it at all