Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul Ked

Data into Excel?

11 posts in this topic

Before I start to go down the wrong route, has anyone had any experience of this? I have an FX3U with an ENET module attached. What would be the best way to send logging data into an Excel file? I'm ok on the PLC coding and the VBA to handle the data in Excel once it's there, its the communication method that I'm unsure of. Best Regards Paul Ked

Mitsubishi sells a set of ActiveX controls to handle the communications for you. It's called MX-Component. And it's a library of function calls you use in your VB or VBA program to read/write data. Otherwise, consider an OPC server product. Mitsubishi has MX OPC Server, and of course there are third parties like Kepware that offer OPC for tons of devices.

Hi, You could also use MX Sheet for this, which is a Mitsubishi product. I've only seen a demo but I think it uses MX Component in the background. Hope this helps.

It does use MX Component in the background. But it's not actively sold in the US. So I typically don't mention it.

There is a demo version so you can try berore you buy.

Many thanks, will give MX Sheet a try Paul Ked

Good old Mitsi, the current version of MX Component is not yet XP ready, never mind Vista!!!

Wrong. MX Component 3.08 works fine on XP. Per Chapter 2 in manual SH(NA)080270-C from www.meau.com it works on XP Home or Pro (but not in compatibility mode).

we have been using 3.0 for quite some time now. some of the targets ware Win2000 but all development was done on WinXP Pro. never had problem...

From Mitsubishi UK: Key features of Software MX Components: Support for Access®, Excel® (VBA), Visual Basic® and C++ PLC monitoring via HTML pages using the standard Windows browser PLC monitoring via intranets or the Internet with support for ASP technology (Active Server Pages) Supports Windows®98, NT4 and 2000 (XP in preparation) I'll have a talk to them tommorrow (they probably haven't updated their web pages!) Thanks for your help guys Edited by Paul Ked

Well guys, After requesting a demo of the software (could be trial) of MX Sheet/MX Component (from Mitsubishi):- "high speed performance, only a dedicated network can deliver." Mitsi still gives no responce after 5 working days. (OK, I nag... But "response time" around the globe may differ... Industry still has to continue!) So, as necessity prevailed, I have been looking at OPC Client/Servers from other various providers and have downloaded a few "trial versions" or "Time Limited" evaluation copies of data transfer available. This is, to me, is interesting.... I have been able to communicate with the PLC, get raw Data from it and gather that information into an Excel spreadsheet (via VBA) without the dedicated MELSEC software and at a cost FAR less than Mitsi are able to offer. Phew!!! quite a task when your knowledge of networking, servers, clients etc. is as bad as mine! :blush: This is, to you, NOT interesting!... It brings me to ask that the possibility of MELSEC software being "a dedicated network" is actually true? Hey, I'm a true believer in the senario of "Invent something, Produce it, Sell it, Improve it and Sell the upgrade (Oh, yes, the T-shirt too!)" ... but when you are sold something, after many discussions BTW, to do the task in hand, shouldn't all the costs be made clear to the poor Project Manager/Intergrater/Installer/Commissioner? OK, Soap Box stood on (but still frustrated) Best Regards Paul Ked