Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bill n tn

RSLogix 5000

8 posts in this topic

I have just started learning the new RSLogix 5000 version 16 and I need some help. Does anyone know how to set up a sequence output in this software? I know how to in RSLogix 500 but with this new tag base I don't know how to set up my tags. I usually use a b3 word to hold my sequences but I have not got a clue how to set something like this up in this new tag base style. Can anyone help?

The 5K software has a sqo instruction. As for the tag it sounds like you want to make an array that you can sequence through. Make a new tag named sequence_step (or whatever you want to call it) Data Type can be INT if you just want 16 bits. your bits will be sequence_step.0, sequence_step.1 etc. That should get you started. after you figure that out then you will need to look into making larger arrays im sure.

You should check up on that, Doug.

Ok I just checked. There is a SQO sequencer output instruction as I said. I havent used one in 5K but I did add one to make sure it works.??

My apologies - for some reason my old lying eyes made me think you had said the opposite. I'll go back to sleep now...

Thanks! I will try this today and hopefully I will figure it out. Thanks again

If you need more than 16 or 32 bits, make the array size bigger in the tag editor. You would then have sequence_step[0].0 to sequence_step[0].31, next would be sequence_step[1].0 to sequence_step[1].31 and on and on.

No worries when I reread my post it looks wierd. I almost fooled myself. Edited by doug2