Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joe7514

Please help

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I am not very familar with Direct plc's. We have 4 DL205 plc's with d2-240 cpu's in our plant. The software I have is DirectSoft version 1.1. I have added sensors and made program changes on 2 of them. When I went to make changes on the other 2, I could not communicate. The plc's are the same, but on these two machines there is a direct view 1000 interface connected to one of the ports. I have only been with the company 6 months now, but the operators say the interface has not worked any since it was installed 8 years ago. It is giving a fault which is a communication time out according to the manual. I also have checked the cpu manual and direct soft manual and still no luck. I have used every address with protocol K Sequence and several adresses with direct net protocol. I don't think the ports are deffective because it is the same on 2 seperate plc's. Is there a way someone could have locked these ports? It does not ask for a password though. I have tried to cycle the power with the hmi unplugged also. If anyone has any information or ideas please let me.

I assume the DV1000 is plugged into the top port. Did you unplug it and connect your laptop to the top port for programming? I have limited experience with the DV1000 so i can't help much with that.

Version 1.1 (?). I started in 1996 with PLCDirect PLC's but already with version 2. I think you need to upgrade to at least version 4.