Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shamus

PV+600 & Compactlogix

7 posts in this topic

I have a PV+600 with only a com port that needs to talk to a compactlogix L32 that only has a com port. I have created a screen and can connect my PC to the PLC on the RSLinx Enterprise through the Local tab via the usual CP3 cable. I can browse the online tags and can run the program on my PC. I have then created the Target network the same as the local with a serial driver but the only thing i've changed is the station number which i've changed to 2. My understanding is that my PC is station '0' the PLC is '1' so i'll make the PV+600 station '2'. The problem is that when I download the runtime program, connect my NC13 cable and run the program the tags are not showing there values or states as they were on my PC. Thanks Shamus

Actually, you don't even have to change the PV+ station number. Since you're dealing with a DF1 Full Duplex connection and there's only one device at a time connected, your PC can be Node 0 and the PV+ can be Node 0 and there's no conflict. Verify the physical connection if you can, with an RS232 traffic indicator/breakout box. Check the terminal configuration to be sure that any Kepware drivers aren't using COM1. Be sure that when you start the runtime on the PV+ that you choose to "replace terminal communications settings with runtime communications settings".

Thanks for the reply AM i right in thinking that the Target network should be setup with the intention that the PV+ is just replacing the PC in the network so the Local & Target can be exactly the same. regards Shamus

That's exactly it; you're replacing the PC Runtime with the PV+ Terminal Runtime, so the Local and Target tabs should be the same. The "Copy" button does this for you. Everything you're doing sounds correct. What's the firmware version on the PV+ ? Are you choosing the "Auto-detect" feature for the DF1 communication driver ?

are you changing the Tag adress node in the PV600?

Thanks I've chosen not to check the auto config when using my PC as i'm using a USB to serial converter and I can't quite remember what I'm doing on the target side but I probably have it unchecked as well. I'm not sure what you mean by Tag Node Address. I have a shortcut in both the Local and target which points to the PLC in order to browse the online tags (station 1). Shamus

Regarding the Panelview Firmware. It was 4.00.10 so I downloaded 4.00.11 and it seems to have worked. It took nearly 4 hours to download it which was a pain. thanks for your help Shamus P.S still have issues with swapping between rslinx enterprise & rslinx classic