Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flemming007

QuickPanel Jr II

5 posts in this topic

Hello, I have two "QuickPanel Jr II" touchscreens and no backups of the programs on them. I found the software and had to borrow a cable off a friend.... But I cant get the programs off either screen. I have talked to the sales rep and he says I have to send the touchscreen to a service center and have a technician transfer it to another touchscreen. There has to be a way of getting it off to save a backup! I would appreciate any help at all. Thanks, Flemming007

Whether or not you can upload a program from the QuickPanel to your PC depends on the person who originally programmed it. The original programmer has the option of downloading both the compiled executable file and the "project file" or only the complied executable. If he/she did not include the project file, you can't upload anything.

Hi Steve, The company that built the two machines with the QuickPanel Jr's is not letting me in on everything. The only thing they will tell me is that they outsorced the programming to another company. So far they won't tell me their name or location. I have gone through all the documentation and it is limited, and can't find anything. One touchscreen is starting to act-up and I hope I can find a solution before it dies. Thanks for the info. Flemming007

...Adding to the good advice from Steve, and maybe in defence of the machine builder/programmer. As these are version 2 units they may have been programmed with version 2 software. QuickDesigner version 2.xx had the "Include Project with Download" falg set to "NO" as its default, many people did not realize this until it was too late. Hopefully your machine builder has a backup .PRJ file that they can send you. But generating a .PRJ file was also a separate step that many people new to QuickDesigner did not take. It pays to take the time to read the instructions, then and now.

Hi RussB, These machines have been in use for 5 years, I can't find a backup or documentation. Now I have only been with this company for 6 months. But wouldn't you think someone would have a copy of something? I am making backups as I go along, my manager thinks making backups is something I should do only when I have to (he use to be in die-repair) and not waste company money on things we might not use. Every time I try to order a spare part he quotes "we are not a warehouse". I'm a Programming Technician by title and theres no electrical engineer with the company. So what I have proposed is to try and get the I/O from this company and replace the QuickPanel with a Mitsubishi F940GOT which we have many on other machines. But my manager doesn't want to send the money and he expects me to keep the machine running. He asked if I could put a couple of switches on the machine to bypass the touchscreen..... he says its not being used when its running - the operator never touches it when he runs the machine! I have ran into these problems in the past with other companies but not this bad. Thanks for the information, it does help. Flemming007