Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alex31

ML1200 and errorcode 21h

14 posts in this topic

Hello ,i have a ML1200 (1762-L24BWA) powersuply 220volt ,the device is new! my problem is communication,download,ubload is ok ,by "RUN"command i have a ERROR CODE "21h",that said " User defined error code" .What make i wrong or,the device is damaged? Thank you

What type of expansion modules you got on it? Are they securely plugged in?

i haven"t any expansion modules ... hier the processor settings the firmware version is 11.0 series "C" ,revision "H" aaa.RSS

Set the "Major Error Halt" bit to zero, the press the "Clear Major Error" button and try switching to run again

Sorry but I'm out of time. But it looks as if it would be best to call Rockwell on this one Look at page D-4 of the following manual http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/i...rm001_-en-p.pdf This error code is only defined for the Micrologix 1500 but it goes on to say EDIT - Last minute thought. Do you have the Micrologix 1200s built in 24VDC connected to anything? Disconnect it from everything and try again. It's a long shot but you never know. If that doesn't work I wouldn't waste too much time with it. Go ahead and call Rockwell. Even if it is a DOA they will get you one out very quickly.

It seems that you may not have defined some data correctly in a control block. Without your program, it will be impossible to find. Try going through the program and see if the data is defined correctly in any control blocks, ie.. SCP, MOV, FLL, ect.. Edited by swimmy67

the program is no the problem ,i downoladed 10 differents ML1200 (for the same base) programs -without result, I wrote a few new "programs" only 1 rung (latch and unlatch)-without results ,the same situation!!! i think the device has a hardware problem ,have another ML1200,(the same unit),with them all working perfect .

Alex, Attached is a page from the ML1200 Programming Manual 1762-rm001_-en-p. The error 21h is listed. I hope this helps. 21h_Error.pdf

hmm intersting ...i have communication only with my Notebook (RSlinx classic) and thahts work good. Is it possible if my rslinx communication settings are wrong??? any ideas?

Alex, I was able to spend more time searching and found that there is another 21h error. I have attached the error codes. It seems that the ML1200 is faulty. The error suggests that the expansion I/O power is faulty. TW had the right answer. Page D4 of the attached Error code listing. Error "0021" is the error that you origionally listed. Sorry for any confusion. Error_Codes_ML1200_and_ML1500.pdf

thank you for all replyes ,the Allen-Bradley gyes was today in my office ,the device is defect -the firmware IC was the problem .....the problem is solved Thank you verry mutch one more time Alex

Thanks for coming back and telling us what you found. TW

I hope , my post was helpfull best regards Alex Edited by alex31