Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
doug2

RSView 32 Inactivity Logout

9 posts in this topic

Does RSView 32 have a tool to automatically log out an operator based on inactivity for a period of time? RSView SE has this functionality but I can't find it in 32.

Is it not under Project settings/Runtime?

i don't have the software handy. unfortunately I cannot find it in the manual.

No it doesn't have a inactivity bit, but what I do is setup logic in the processor that runs a timer and every 30 minutes it unlatches a bit, which in turn I use as a derived event in RS View to cause a logout. Works quite well and only take about a minute to setup.

I agree, all of our controls engineers use this method. Mart B

The problem is that I do not want the operator to be logged out if he is in the middle of working in a secured area. That is why I was hoping to find something that tells the system that the HMI has been inactive for a period of time. Like rsview SE does. thanks

One of our guys has programmed the login button so that if you are 30 seconds from auto logout then the button flashes onscreen to warn you, simply hitting it again restarts the timer. I'll try and get a copy of the code from him tomorrow (he's left site now). Mart B

You can use a derived tag, an event, and an internal tag. Everytime the operator interacts with an object on the screen you include a command in the object action list that writes the curren time to the internal tag. The derived tag has the current time minus the time stored in the internal tag at the last action. When the derived tag value is greater than your desired autologout time the event performs the logout. It all occurs in RSView and doesn't need the PLC.