Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ccolson

GX Developer 8.03 Install Error. (Help)

3 posts in this topic

I am having trouble installing the latest version of GX Developer. After the installation is complete, When attempting to run the application I get an error box saying, "There was a problem sending licensing information over your network. CAUSE: The program "ckserve" is not running on the server or your computer. SUGGESTION: In order to run this program over a network, ckserve must be running on the network server. Talk to your network administrator." This is a Laptop computer running Windows XP Pro. SP 1. This computer has never been on a network. It is however running system commander which has the drive seperated for dos 6.0 and Win XP. Any help would be appreciated.

I still have good old 7.11M which doesn't have this problem so let's see if I can guess: Obviously it is not running because it didn't detect activation or licence. It looks like you didn't install software correctly (maybe default was network installation, you have to read messages and options when installing something... some software packages use network installation so that purchased 5 licences can be used by 20 people using network but max. 5 at a time). Maybe you didn't install activation yet (what else was in the package? any floppy disks or licence numbers?). What does your supplier says?

After alot of discussion with the Mitsubishi Tech person, they sent me a file to run that resolved the issue. This was a single copy, no network setup was involved. Oh well, all is good now.