Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skidog

Devicenet configuration for Logix5555

5 posts in this topic

I'm stuck. I' trying to figure out how you add a device to an existing devicenet network and map the I/O. I'm new to the 5555 series software and hardware but I know how to read a manual. maybe I skipped that page, not sure, but no luck finding it thus far. Most of our devices allow for 32 points per device and we use tags, something else I'm struggling to master. My past experience includes plc5 and 500 series using DH+ and Omron PLC's and networks. Working with devicenet is not new, programming with it is. Thanks.

You should use rsnetworx for devicenet for configuration of devices

Would this program create a .dnt file? I don't have RSNetworx on my laptop so maybe that's a good place to start. Assuming the .dnt file is my configuration, how does the PLC incorporate it into the ladder logic for upload/download?

Rsnetworx devicenet is used to upload/download this devicenet configuration to the scanner Use this manual for startup of rsnetworx for Dnet http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/i...gr001_-en-e.pdf

Excellent! That explains why I couldn't find the scanner configuration file in the PLC. Many thanks for the reply and link. It's just what I needed to continue learning.