Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ken Moore

Ozz Food & Wines

45 posts in this topic

Sure they do. 1. Right on the front it says "Ball", specifying how daring you must be do drink whats inside 2. Then it say "Wide Mouth" specifying the posture you must compose to take a swig 3. Also up the side of the jar it has measurement increments to show you just how much of the main label, refer to item 1, you really have

I remember a song...White Lightning was the name. Last time I was working in East Texas I was introduced to the mason jar grog....pheeewww....white lightning Didn't Bo and Luke get into trouble for that stuff?

To test "vintage" you use a lighter. If it burns blueish white then it is of the proper "vintage" and ready to be consumed. The other lables TW is refering too are really instructions on proper consumption.

Snoopy always determined the strength of his root beer by the number of "X"s it was labeled with 1-Strong 2-Stronger 3-Strongest Old whiskey was labeled in the same way

Snoopy would enjoy Queensland - they label their beer "XXXX" (can't spell)

Dead right but the alcohol content is a bit lower than the other types of beverages discussed so far. A friend if mine is Czeck and makes her own Slivovitz (plum brandy). Milky, potent and sends the young guys crazy - all they want to do is fight. Us old guys love it straight out of the freezer. It will melt paint with no problems - a bit like some of the other beverages discussed here. My personal favourite in the fuel department is a really good single malt scotch quite frankly. My wife used a bottle of expensive Turkey I purchased in Singapore in cakes because I cannot stand the taste of it. I think it was called Wild Breed. Edited by BobB

I didn't realize anyone knew of the Finger Lakes Wines outside of the Finger Lakes. There are some that are pretty good. They do much better with whites than reds. I have had some excellent riesling and not too bad chardonnay from around here. Pinot Noir is supposed to be good but i don't like the grape. I prefer the reds, so I buy alot from other areas. There is alot of sweet stuff in the Finger Lakes because that's what sells. Most people I know don't know what a good wine is since they weren't brought up in California, eventually that should change.

California? Are thewy now making reds with a lot of body? The last ones I had in Ozz were pretty watery - like a lot of the French wines. Any recommendations?

I don't know anymore. I don't actually drink that much anymore for heartburn reasons. And, I don't have the skinny on California anymore, since my relative in San Francisco moved back to NY State a few years ago. I did have some nice Syrah from California before, but can't remember from where.

After last night when the Kiwis got belted my comment to watch Sri Lanka looks like being pretty accurate. They are the team most likely to beat Ozz - if we get past South Africa tonight that is. Will not be surprised to see them win the cricket world cup quite frankly.

Well, today is the day! Let's see if we can beat the Australians today!!! It was not so long ago that we got that 438 runs and beat them..... But this is the world cup, and we are not home! Nail biting is already starting........... Lets give them one!!!

Whoops!!! Great location for a holiday though. I do not believe that Sri Lanka will go crazy and do waht SA did though. It should be a good game on Saturday night (Ozz time).

Seems to be 1996 world cup returns

I feel ashamed.... Maybe they (SA squad) should have gone to the banana bar the night before the game?

Anway Indian player getting diamond ball even it left before super eight http://www.neatorama.com/2007/03/21/diamon...d-cricket-ball/

Wow!! Should be playing for India. I guess the big question is are any of them worth it? Nothing wrong with a bit of friendly banter either. Good fun.

Totally two ball one for India other for Man of the series New team is getting ready with new youngster & new coach Edited by rpraveenkum

I Think you are correct every thing on that night is Aus favor

DARN!!! I was away and missed it - heard the scores though. Impressive!

Borrowing from Queen.. "We are the champions, .......we are the champions.....of the world"