Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redfootballfish@btopenworld.com

S400 & 300 PLC communications to a Mitsubishi PLC

6 posts in this topic

is it possible to talk to a Mitsubishi PLC using a S400 and S300 using Ethernet/Profibus/Modbus. i want ot transfer blocks of words from Anas/Qnas and QO6 PLCs please advise

Yes it is possible to do this. I would use Modbus if you dont alredy have Profibus. (most used with mitsubichi where i work) Or you can also use an E-panel as an datatransfer if you comunicate on 2 different types of com, an simple option if you need to install a touchpanel in your system. Then the E-Panel can talk to Siemens on MPI/Profibus and Mitsubichi on Ethernet/RS232/Modbus, and transfer data betveen these coms.

Mitsubishi had a few years ago only on modbus slave for an A series. Check this before engineering. Otherwise check the profibus card. I used a card once as master. It needs some programming before the card is working correctly. Modbus is much easier. Edited by s7xp.com

Or check out the Redlion Data Station Plus for doing passthrough from the Mitsi to the Siemens

Mitsubishi (for the Q Series) offers Profibus master and slave, Modbus serial and Modbus TCP master and slave, and their own protocol on Etherent, not Profinet of Ethernet/IP. For the Ans and QnAS your best bet will be Profibus slaves or masters, as the A and Qna didn't offer Modbus modules.

Modbus TCP was mentioned. In that case you might want to look into a set of function blocks that will let an S7 PLC speak Modbus TCP: http://www.industry.siemens.com/IT4Industr...s/proto_mod.htm If you check this out, then please come back and tell me what the price is. There is also Modbus RTU as a loadable driver for CP341 and CP441.