Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wayneplc

LOGO

9 posts in this topic

Just me again not yet used to posting here. Please bear with me I would like to connect the LOGO to a device which produces an output voltage relative to it's angle of tilt. I would like to display the angle on the LOGO's screen. I'm no pro just trying to learn on my own ( with your help of course ). Are there any examples of ladder logic scaling programs which would enable me to convert a reading in volts to a reading in degrees.

As I know it is impossible In logo screen you can change parameters of your program i.e. preset timers, counters parameters and display alarms like faults of machine or program status... Take Siemens 200 series with simple panel... And there is sample of scaling in manuals.

Not so sure that it is impossible. I know you can display current timer and counter values, so maybe you can display current analogue (Or scaled) values. Will have a look when i'm back in work on Monday.

Not really a scaling function in the Logo (especially if it's an older model). I would go with a small PLC with a small display instead.

I was thinking about this scaling, and new idea came. It is possible to make 8 different scaling points by making alarm message when voltage is in described borders.

I had a quick look at the software today as I haven't used it in a while. The Logo's have a "Analogue amplifier" instruction. If this could be configured to convert your analogue input value to a number that represents your "angle of tilt" this value can be displayed in a message text, along with the desired wording beside it. ("Angle of tilt", or "degrees"). Failing that, your idea of a series of thresholds triggering different message texts will work. Hope this helps Regards

as i know there is analogue analizing in logo v5 but it cant display it on lcd,but if you are looking for a analouge signal analizer then please check the main catalouge of texmate inc (fb101) that has 4 presets(http://www.texmate.com/lynx/18.html) for the control perpuse. i think this will help you . best regards sohail Edited by sohail0110

I haven't been giving much attention to this lately but over the next few days I will stick with it till I come up with a solution. I have seen in other forums (siemens logo ) where the logo has been used to monitor the output from a thermocouple and output the result in degrees. The built in functions allow for comparing values i.e a value at the input and a stored value how to store the value ? I need to find out. The idea of using counters sounds like something I need to look at more closely .Ill post the results for all to see. Regards Wayne

I thought the number coming from the temperatue input module was already scaled based on the thermocouple type. I've never actually used one with temperature. Mostly just basic control, like turning my pool pump on and off at certain times, and running my outdoor landscape lights and sprinklers. And several basic conveyor control applications.