Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CTSoft

Premium warn backup

3 posts in this topic

Hi,good day everybody. I want find out, did anybody used before the premium warn backup system? Can you share the knowledge? Actually what is warn bacup mean?

Actually, it's WARM backup, and it's basically one step down from true hot standby. A true hot standby system has multiple CPUs running at once and does a seamless transparent transfer when one fails. Warm standby is not as robust, and the transition is not the same. But it's designed to be a lower cost, not as full featured backup solution than true hot standby. I've personally never used or sold one, but I did read the literature about them when I worked for a distributor.

hi.... Actually there is no proper answer for your query means you can design your own warm backup system.. ya oops suppose you have two typical main rack configurations as per in Hot Stand-by system but the thing in warm back only one is powered on once you can find any problem in primary then you can power up the next one in my view this also warm back... But in the case of premium it will act like Hot Stand by system but only thing is switch over time is quiet higher by using FIPIO adapters and Heads.you can get this details in google.com by searching Modicon Premium Automation Platform... regads, Suman.M