Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mad1

Omron C28K

29 posts in this topic

I need to learn the programming language for the Omron 28K for which I have no experience on. Any information to assist in my learning would be appreciated. Thanks

Have you looked at the manuals? I provided a link on your post on plcs.net. You can find the manuals on this website in the Omron section of the Download Code page. At this point, your post is very general. Try to give us an example of what you are having trouble with. Part of your project will be to figure out how to use the information you find. Not trying to be harsh, but you will not learn if someone else is doing the work. Check out the manuals and let us know what you need help understanding.

being a very old PLC, it will probably only be ladder. So it can't be that difficult. I hope you still have the soft and hardware to connect to the C28, because they are obsolete...

Yes, I have read thru the manuals that I have. I did not want the work done for me, what was the purpose of taking the class then? Edited, sounded confusing. Will post later! Edited by mad1

The function numbers should still be the same. As for memories you should check the intruction/ programming manual for the C-series PLC's

I got the post in email before you edited. The C28K was out BEFORE we had software. All the information on programming is in the manual (W146). I know it can be "easier" to use the computer, but the manual really does a better job of explaining what the instruction is and how it works. Honestly, the online help is not the greatest (IMHO). It is getting better, but I still use the manuals. Section 3 covers the Memory Map. This will explain the different memory areas and what they do. Section 5 covers the Instruction Set. Each instruction is detailed with the memory areas it will work with. If you have a particular instruction you want to understand, let me know what it is and I will do my best to help.

You can program it with Syswin (last version was 3.4b I think....) But you need an old hostlink adapter which you probably won't find anymore. Sorry

I agree that Syswin will program the C28K. My point is that Syswin online help will probably generate more questions than provide answers for someone not familiar with Omron products. I am suggesting that the best resource to learn will be the manual. The C**K manual has a lot of good examples, partially because there was not software when it was introduced. Things were a bit more interesting with a handheld. And yes, I have spend a lot of time with one. mad1, please let us know how we can help. You have a pretty big project ahead of you. Learning two different plc programming systems and trying to convert a program. Do you have a printout of the C28K program?

I am currently going thru the printout to learn functions and the addresses associated with that function while referencing the C20K-C28K-C40K-C60K manual. I am currently reading about bit types for outputs,work bits for at addresses 08-016.

Most likely those will be internal/work bits (like B3 in AB). Depends on how much expansion I/O was in the original system. Do you have any way to post the printout (not sure it is practical?). You can upload pdf files as attachments. This may help. Omron uses a "channel" number and "bit" number system. On the CK channel number will be the two leftmost digits of the address and bit number is the right two. First input is 0000. So on your C28K input addresses are 0000 - 0015 (16 inputs) and outputs are 0100-0111 (12 outputs) total of 28 I/O. Expansion units if used would continue from there with next channel address (02). Syswin puts a "." between the channel and bit number ie: 00.00 Hope this helps. Edited by gtsuport

I must be missing something here. I tried using 004.01 as a output address, this was not accepted.When I used 005.01 the address was accepted. I has anticipated that the address would have started at 001.01? I do have the printout but prefer not to post the drawing. If it come to a point where I am unable to convey my issue I will make a drawing of that particular function and post. Edited by mad1

basically I don't see a reason why you could not use 04.01 as an output. All words under 18 contain bits you can use (of course writing to an input will be overwritten every cycle) bits higher than 18.07 are system bits like the allways off, first cycle, batery alarm, greater than or equal flags Do you have expansion units on the PLC? Are you using the programming console to write the program?

Input and output addresses will depend on the expansion units. Typically on the CK series, inputs were "even" channel numbers and outputs were "odd" channels. The first address will be channel zero "000" not one "001". If it is an internal/work bit, it should not matter. I assume from your post, you are working with Syswin based on the address numbers. I just started a new project in Syswin, with a CK as the CPU, and was able to program output 004.01. Not sure why it would not let you. You did set up the cpu under Project/Project Setup?

'gtsuport' No, File. new project. .

I don't have Syswin on my PC but Check for double use of one bit as an output. I don't recall the behavior of Syswin. I CX Programmer it gives you a warning.

That was one of my first thoughts, did a search with no results returned. Could this issue stem for the lack of a PLC connected to my pc? I have noticed that there is a network 1 error.

Can you upload the program you have so far...

In Syswin, each rung MUST be in a separate "network". In other words, you should not have multiple output coils within one network. Might that be the issue? In the File/Project Setup, you did set the PLC type to CK?

Is sounds like I need to do some more reading on networks. I will post back tomorrow after some more research.

I have started with the Twido software and have a problem. I am entering inputs on the first rung and realized that there are more inputs than input areas across the rung. What is the feature to enter more inputs called so I can find it in the help file?

I have started with the Twido software and have a problem. I am entering inputs on the first rung and realized that there are more inputs than input areas across the rung. What is the feature to enter more inputs called so I can find it in the help file?

mad1 You might want to repost your last post in the Modicon forum. Not sure you will get much help with it posted in this forum. In general, if you need a long series string of contacts, you can break it up and use and internal/work bit. Then use that bit to begin the rest of the string in another rung. Hope that helps.

I was attempting to keep all the information together, I will post in th Modicon forum. Thanks

The Twido software/PLC is very restricting and danged awfull to work with quite frankly. Gave them up years ago. You will have to break down your rung and use internal workbits to go into another rung.

Having a question regarding addressing on the following, 003.00 - ?, this is a XIC contact