Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pizzaboy

Barcode Scanner to NS10 to PLC

4 posts in this topic

Hi all again, I'd never done this before using Omron hardware, so I don't know what's the requirement. I'm trying to setup a barcode scanner to send a string/number to NS10 and to send that data directly to the Omron PLC. How can I do that? And can this be done without using a command button to send that data? Currently I'm still waiting for the scanner to arrive. So I'm just testing it with the HyperTerminal. And I am not having any luck.. My port settings are: 9600,E,7,2 For both the HyperTerminal and PT. I'm currently using a Serial Crossover cable from my Laptop to PT Please help.. Cheers, Sam Edited by pizzaboy

we did that on the PLC where you can just define your end character (typically ETX) use the RXD function to read what has been scanned. From that moment you have the string in the memory of the PLC. I know it is possible with a NS but I have never done it. I look forward to see any replies....

For those who never done this before. I finally got this going in my project now. All I did was, using a standard Omron serial programming cable. Connect to my PC. And send string from a program called "Multiway" Which allows you to send ASCII through the serial port. For the NS serial to receive a barcode. The ASCII String must have STX in the front of the string and ETX at the end of the string, (E.g. "STX... ...[barcode value]... ETX") therefore hyperterminal won't work in this case. And so I had to use "Multiway" to do this. For more detail about how to use a barcode reader in the NS screen, you look into the Omron V083-E1-05 manual about this. (3-4) I got stuck at one point where I didn't realise I must select the "String Display/Input Panel" by pushing the screen then I can enter the barcode. To allow your NS-Screen to automatically load the barcode onto your screen without touching it you must use a macro function "SETFOCUS(#)" where "#" equals your Object ID you want to be selected. For more information about this macro, you can use Omron V075-E1-06 Macro Manual. Thanks Heaps Sam

Does anyone know if the SETFOCUS macro will still work to automatically import the barcode data if the String Display/Input Panel is hidden on the HMI page? I just want to transfer the data from the NS HMI to my PLC...