Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andy_P

Protocol macro

12 posts in this topic

Can anybody tell me what is the fastest speed that a protocol macro can be made to work at? Can it be made to work at 115K baud? CX-Protocol allows a selection of 115K, while some documentation seems to indicate 56K. I'm using a CJ1M CPU22 V3 and a SCU21 V1.3 comms unit. Thanks in advance! Andy.

I do not see why you could not execute at 115 as say to 56.... the documentation might be a bit older then the latest software release for CX-Protocol that u have ..

Thanks, I'll keep persevering with it then. It's been a while since I fiddled around with protocol macros! Andy.

Well, I cannot get it to work at 115K. Every other baud rate is fine. Changing the baud rate to 115K results in a flashing red ERH light on the SCU as soon as the port settings are downloaded, with RUN and RDY lights both remaining green. To recap, I am using: CJ1M CPU22 V3 CJ1W-SCU21 V1.3 CX-Protocol V1.6 Any help appreciated, thanks. Andy.

OK, found this in the W336-E1-08 maual so it would appear I am out of luck. "Note A baud rate of 57,600 bps can be selected when using Unit Ver. 1.2 or later (115,200 bps is not possible)." Question for Zoran Mihajlovic: How did you get it working? Andy.

Well, Meybe it is pure luck, but I work with protokol for V7 inverter , and CJ1M-CPU11 ver 1.3 CJ1W-SCU41-V1 ver 1.3 and use RS485 mod.

Whats your cable length ?

Hmm, maybe RS485 allows 115K where RS232 does not.

Yes but a CIMR-V7 only supports till19200 baudrate??? are you sure you work at 115200 baurate?

You have made me pull out the manual... argh ! take a look at the following extraction.... from my manual 115k is only supported for hostlink comm.s whereas the max for a protocol macro was 38 kbs... mabey this has been extended to 56kbs with later firmware but how knows... this is the manual i got it from W336-E1-05.... there could be a new version